(updated 25th March 2020)
Please rest assured that all deliveries are working as normal. However, for the time being ALL items are now being delivered in a 'contact free' style to protect both you and the delivery staff, and to minimise physical contact. Please ensure you have read and understood these changes as outlined below. None of these changes will affect the delivery time of your order.
- The following information is an extract from the Royal Mail website and will apply to all orders sent via Recorded (ie, tracked, signed for) and Special Delivery (ie, next day delivery): "In order to protect both our people and customers as much as possible, we will not be handing over our hand-held devices to customers to capture signatures. Postmen and women will instead log the name of the person accepting the item. Additionally, for all customers (including those who are self-isolating) where we need to deliver any parcel that won’t fit through your letterbox, we will place your item at your door. Having knocked on your door, we will then step aside to a safe distance while you retrieve your item. This will ensure your item is delivered securely rather than being left outside. If you are unable to come to the door at all we will issue a ‘Something for You’ card, advising of other ways you can arrange to get your item." (For further information, please visit the Royal Mail website by clicking here which will open a new tab)
- Deliveries via courier: Courier deliveries will now always be left in a safe place even when there is someone in the property. You can nominate your safe place from the choices shown in the shopping cart. Safe places must be weatherproof and secure, but easily accessible for the driver. If you request a place that the courier deems to be unsafe or insecure they may leave it somewhere else on your property that they choose. If no safe place is available the driver will prop the parcel by your door, knock and step back while they wait for you to answer. If they are unable to leave your parcel or if you don't answer the door they will leave a card with instructions for redelivery (delivery will be attempted 3 times). The courier will take a photo showing where the parcel has been left - you can see this photo by visiting the website and using the tracking details that I provide to you. You can also use your tracking information to divert your parcel to an alternative safe place before it is delivered.
- When you place your order: I currently have a dropdown menu in the shopping cart asking you to select a safe place for your order. You will need to select an option regardless of whether your order is being delivered by Royal Mail or courier, but safe places will only apply to orders being delivered by courier (Royal Mail don't leave parcels in safe places). The cart is unable to detect whether your order will be sent by mail or courier, so I'm afraid everyone will have to make a selection even if it may not be applicable to your order!
- Urgent, VIP Prioritised & Next Day Delivery orders: Although I'm open as usual and still working as normal within the published turnaround times, please note that I am restricting the number of post runs to a maximum of 2 a week. Usually I would do a post run almost every day, so I may not be able to prioritise urgent and special delivery orders as much as I usually would. If you have a very urgent deadline, or are considering upgrading postage to Next Day Delivery, I would advise you to please contact me and I'll be able to let you know when your order would be dispatched. Thanks very much for your understanding.
- If you have any further questions: Please do get in touch by clicking here and I'll be very happy to help!
Best wishes, Sarah
(Click here to return to the main Delivery Information page)